Open Standards Forum 2008 - Security Challenges for the Information Society, 30 September - 1 October 2008, Ditton Manor, Near London

FAQ

I submitted a proposal, when will I be notified if I've been selected to present? All proposals will be acknowledged shortly after submission using the online Web form. All submissions will be notified by 15 June 2008.

How are speakers selected? All proposals will be reviewed by the Programme Committee. Each proposal will be graded based on the quality of the proposal, merits of the presenter(s), and overall fit within the scope of the program.

Will there be speaker honorariums? Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide speaker honorariums.

How do speakers arrange for travel and hotel accommodations? All selected speaker will be responsible to make their own hotel and travel arrangements.

Will there be a special hotel discount? Yes, we’ve organized a special hotel discount. All the information is posted on the event Web site under the Venue/Hotel.

As a speaker, will I receive a free registration to the event? As a selected speaker, you’ll be entitled to receive a complimentary registration to attend the event.

Will I need to register myself for the event? Yes, all speakers will need to register using the online registration form.

What will my requested bio be used for? If you are selected to speak, your biography will be posted on the event Web site, included in the onsite program guide, and used for introductions.

What audio visual equipment will be in the room? The following standard A/V will be provided in the meeting room: a computer projection unit, microphones (both podium and table-top), and screen. Please identify any additional items that you may need for your presentation in your submission proposal. We will try to accommodate additional requests, however will be unable to make promises.

Is using a slide template required for the presentation? A slide template will be forwarded to all speakers and will encourage all speakers to use the template.

What is the proceedings policy? And if I would like to provide handouts to those attending my session - will the event organizers handle production? Unfortunately, we won’t be able to accommodate specific session handouts; however, we’ll be providing each attendee with an on-site booklet and access to the online slide presentations. As long as all the information is current, speakers shouldn't need to provide individual handouts. If you choose to provide a handout, you may do so on your own. An estimated number of attendees may be provided upon request. Please note: The Programme Committee will need to review all handouts in advance, including those that you’ll be printing on your own. All handouts must be received by the date designated in your formal speaker confirmation letter.